Every business of every size is looking for ways to reduce overhead. Less overhead means more profit, which opens up new opportunities for growth. The cost of doing business seems to rise with every passing day, so it pays to choose solutions that can help you to save money, yet still provide all of the benefits you need to succeed. One way to reduce costs is to switch to data center virtualization. This solution is beneficial to small, midsize, and large businesses that want to explore the advantages associated with cloud computing and software defined storage. It is possible to add these unique technology resources to your business model without making a large investment. Using a virtual server in Sharon or anywhere in the Greater Boston area has other benefits as well.
How It Works
Synivate provides data center virtualization, as well as other cloud computing solutions, to businesses throughout Southeastern Massachusetts. Our team has worked to select an array of top quality software defined storage solutions that we are able to provide to our clients. One of these solutions is VMware, which enables us to consolidate computing in high-density server clusters. The servers are powered by either Dell or HPE server solutions. Synivate has worked extensively with VMware and has deployed many unique environments that range from small workloads to hundreds of virtual machines.
One of the many reasons that we chose to work with VMware is that they are pioneers of High Availability, as seen in their vSphere software. The concept used to create these solutions centers around the use of multiple physical computing hosts that utilize a central shared pool of high performance storage. However, we believe that there is no one-size-fits-all solution. Some of our clients benefit most from a software defined storage array that works with VMware virtual storage array network (vSAN), while others might benefit more from a physical SAN. Both options provide a powerful storage pool that features high availability and performance.
When used effectively, data center virtualization can help businesses to reduce costs in a number of different ways. If you are thinking about using a virtual server in Sharon or anywhere else in the Southeastern Massachusetts region, contact Synivate for a FREE evaluation that can help you determine whether a software defined storage or cloud computing solution might be right for you.
So Many Ways to Save
When it comes to data center virtualization, there are many reasons why businesses are turning to this type of solution. The method used to provide this valuable service works to simplify the administration of the data storage through easily monitored and managed software defined storage, but it also reduces maintenance as well. This can reduce your company’s need for onsite administrators for your entire IT environment. Reducing man power means less overhead for salaries, benefits, purchasing and maintaining office space, workstations, computers, software, and much more. There are many ways for companies that choose remote management and monitoring services to save even more by moving to cloud computing solutions and data center virtualization.
- Reduced Energy Costs – Companies that have a data center onsite will frequently have higher energy costs due to air conditioning requirements caused by servers generating heat. You can reduce heat buildup, which lowers your utility costs and can prevent other issues related to physical hardware being onsite, simply by moving to a virtual server in Sharon or wherever your business is located.
- Reduced Hardware Costs – Using data center virtualization means less hardware that needs to be purchased for your onsite data center facility. This reduces associated costs, such as maintenance, updates, and upgrades over time.
- Reduced Downtime – When a physical server dies, the amount of downtime that can occur before the system can get back online depends on a number of factors, including whether you have an image of the server, if the backup server is ready, or if the backup data is current. When you use software defined storage through Synivate, you can redeploy your entire environment with minutes, significantly reducing downtime and preventing lost sales or customers.
- Simplified Backups – Another huge advantage is being able to do complete backups of the entire virtual server and snapshots of the virtual machines, but the ability for the provider to move the virtual machines from one server to another for redeployment much faster and easier than you could ever do with a physical server. Data snapshots are taken regularly to ensure more current backup data to reduce the amount of time spent doing daily backups and to further reduce downtime as well.
- Cloud Computing – If you decide to move your entire IT environment to cloud computing, data center virtualization is a big step toward making it a reality. Using a virtual server in Sharon helps make it easier to migrate to a cloud-based infrastructure. This can save you a lot of time and money when you are ready to make the change, as it will reduce the amount of technology that needs to be deployed and simplify the education required for you and your team.
Innovative Technology Solutions
Synivate knows that no two businesses are alike, which is why we take the time to get to know you, your business, and your needs as part of our consultation services, whether your goal is to move to data center virtualization and software defined storage or any other type of cloud computing. Managed services, unified communications solutions, Help Desk Support, network security, and many other beneficial services and solutions can be customized to suit your specific needs. Contact our team by calling 617-517-0704 to schedule a consultation with one of our IT experts or to take advantage of any of our dependable IT services and support.